PyQt v4.5 Released
5 June 2009
PyQt v4.5 has been released. The highlights of the release include support for Python v3 and Qt v4.5.1, a new Pythonic API for connecting signals and slots, and a port of the current Qt examples launcher.
The major new features are:
- support for Python v3
- support for Qt v4.5.1
- added the QInputContextFactory class
- a new, more Pythonic, API has been added for connecting signals and slots which does not require knowledge of C++ data types
- new signals can now be defined using pyqtSignal as a more Pythonic replacement of the __pyqtSignals__ class attribute.
- added the pyqtSlot decorator as a more Pythonic replacement of the pyqtSignature decorator
- the "type" argument to pyqtProperty() can also be a Python type object
- the "type" argument to Q_ARG() can also be a Python type object
- the "type" argument to Q_RETURN_ARG() can also be a Python type object
- added QT_TR_NOOP_UTF8()
- super() works without restrictions
- replaced the old qtdemo example launcher with a port of the newer version
- added the editabletreemodel.py and fetchmore.py examples
- replaced the old tutorial with the newer Address Book tutorial.